Monday, August 16, 2010

Induction....

Here I go again......I managed to lose 35 pounds on Atkins once before I fell off the wagon and had a wonderful carb filled summer.  Now its time to refocus and get back on the wagon!  Today marks Day 1 of my induction phase again on Atkins.  I am such a slave to carbs!  LOL  My dearest hubby is the one that initiated the desire to go back into Phase 1.  He wanted to go back on Atkins and I decided it would be easier for him and myself if we did it together.  Things always go easier when you have a partner!  I haven't checked in with my partner today, but I'm praying for his success!  Together we can do great things, especially through prayer.  Will you pray for us!?

Be forewarned.....I'll be a BEAR by Thursday.  I'll have NO energy, slurring my words and on the verge of a coma, but if I make it through days 3, 4, and 5 things will be brighter on the other side!  I once said to a friend that was on this Atkins induction period....."I would die without my carbs!"  However, much to my surprise, I didn't die when I went on this endeavor in January 2010 and by April 2010 I had lost 35 pounds.  My friend was and is a great support to me still today.  Always encouraging me to stay with it, keep active and even invested in my weight loss adventure with a gift.  It's the neatest little device you wear on your arm daily and it measures the calories that I burn every minute, by hour and day.  I have noticed, however, that regardless of my activity chasing after 5 kids, I am not active enough to burn all the calories I consume.  Hence the reason I am overweight!  lol  With the help of this device though, I'm going to conquer this beast of my weight!  So, thank you dear friend, you know who you are, you are my biggest fan and I love you!  I wouldn't be where I am today without you!

It's amazing how good you feel after losing weight.  Knowing you still have a long way to go, but its invigorating!  I feel 10 years younger and apparently other people can see that I feel younger.  So, here I go again......this time I'm more active and exercising so hopefully more weight will melt away and quicker.  But I do ask for you to pray for me and my hubby too.  We are looking for a brighter, healthier future to serve our Lord.  We are seeking the bodies that He intended us to have and keep.  Thanks for your prayers!  I'll see you in a few days with an update!

1 comment:

Jennifer Shand said...

Girl, I'm so excited for you! I'm also proud of what you have already accomplished and know that you can see this through to the end. I can remember the days when you laughed at the thought of playing kick ball with your kids and now I have already witnessed you out there kicking the ball with them. You can be an example of health and fitness to your children - why? for the Glory of the Lord! I'm praying for you guys!