Friday, April 16, 2010

Savoring every minute...

I find myself savoring every minute we have with our friends lately.  In the back of my mind, I know this might be the last time we do this, or that, or the last time I could photograph this and that.  So yesterday at the park I followed the kids everywhere and snapped lots of photos! 


I guess I've been savoring my friends like a sweet dessert, one that you thoroughly enjoy.  With every bite you wish there could be just a little bit more.  Maybe just one more serving will satisfy your craving.  Maybe just another weekend with my friends will make the hurt not hurt so bad or maybe one more playdate will be enough to last until our next visit.  The time is going by so fast, it seems like I had a few more months with them, but now the time is near.  Only a few more weeks now, then they will be gone.  The emptiness is almost too much to bear, but then I have sweet moments like this to treasure and cherish forever.

I feel like this babe....being held in the loving arm of her mother, but I am in the loving arms of my Heavenly Father.  He is comforting me, soothing my nerves, swinging me to sleep in the midst of this storm.  I can feel His presence and at times I feel peace, but today.......I am anxious for the day is nearing, nearing when they will depart. 

So for today, I will continue to savor each and every moment we have together.....taking pictures to cherish forever, making memories with our children, and enjoying life.

O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!  You have set your glory above the heavens.  From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.  When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.  You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas.  O LORD, our Lord,  how majestic is your name in all the earth!  Psalm 8

No comments: