Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fully Restored....

I don't know where this week has gone, but it certainly flew right by me.  Mondays are always busy days for us, but then again, everday is busy!  LOL

I had the joy of watching 4 extra girls this week, while my girlfriend packed up the rest of her home for the big move.  We had a GREAT time!  There were 9 kids in the house and yes, only one of them was a little boy!!  My youngest arrow was surrounded by girls, but he loved every minute of it.  The youngest babe was 9 1/2 months, she is a doll!  My youngest arrow loves having a younger person in the house, he feels older I guess.  While he enjoyed being the "big brother" for a few days, my oldest arrow was like an extra set of mom hands.  I couldn't have done it without her.  During day 2 of our adventure she said, "see mommy, 4 more kids isn't that bad, you could handle it."  I stopped dead in my tracks and stared her down....."are you kidding me child?"  She replied "hee hee, no, you haven't lost your mind yet, WE could do it."  My reply was gentle, but blunt.  "There is a HUGE difference in watching 4 extra kids and BIRTHING 4 more kids! Ha Ha"  She laughed and we continued with our day without another thought of adding to our brood.

I have to admit, there are days when I think about having more kids, but then the Lord gently reminds me of the blessings I have now.  I am so grateful for the Lord entrusting me with 5 of His children (and 1 that is in His care) and I couldn't feel anymore complete than I do at this very moment.  What a great and wonderful God to serve.  I prayed for this day when I would feel "complete" and no longer desire more children.  What an answer to prayer.  I would welcome another child if He thought us worthy enough, but I really feel like He and I have a common understanding.  : )

So after 2 1/2 days of pure joy with 9 kids I am fully in tact, totally grateful, overwhelmed with love and wondering when I can do it all over again!  When I serve the Lord and do everything in His name, He fully restores my soul and gives me unmeasurable blessings!

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: