Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Purging....

Yep, upon returning from our trip to Virginia I started purging clothes, toys and other unnecessary knickknacks. You know why, when you visit a place like Williamsburg and you think of the little that the colonial people had, then compare it to the "stuff" we have today.....well, it makes you want to purge. OK...at least me.

Why and How do we collect so much stuff? When will it ever stop? I thought I had done a good job of keeping the "stuff" to a minimum, but apparently I was deceived. I have done a pretty good job here lately of keeping up with the kids stuff, but this past weekend we took 10 bags of kids clothes, shoes and toys to the Christian Mission. Of course that doesn't include the large load of trash my husband had to take to the dump of things not worthy of donation (broken toys, stained clothes, mismatched shoes). While purging does seem to do my mind good, it always aches my body. It takes me days to recover from things like this, or maybe that just the vacation. :) Whatever the case, I am resting. Resting in the arms of my Savior to strengthen me again to continue the work He has called me to do.

But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion’s mouth. 2 Timothy 4:17

No comments: