Saturday, February 20, 2010

He is my supply....

Ahhhhhh.....when I look back at the post from yesterday I wonder where did that depressed lady go?  God is so good and I thank you for your prayers!  He heard and I felt them indeed.  So, thank you again and if you have no idea what I am talking about then be grateful and let's move on.  LOL

I began attending a bible study on Monday morning and I believe that these past few days were a test to see what I had learned and if I would use my new skills.  I am happy to say that I GREW!!  I feel like I handled them better than I would have a week ago, but I still have lots of improving.  (Don't we all!?)  Anyway, I prayed more and looked for God's desire in the situation and I am so thankful for His quick answer.  He has equipped me with a better grasp on my faith and a deeper prayer life than before.  It's a good thing, cause I'm gonna need it!

Because.....This morning I got some news that really saddened me, but also brought me joy too.  Sounds really weird, I know, but a friend told me that she is pretty sure they are moving away and soon.  Now normally this would cause me GREAT anguish, but I felt such a peace.  You see, this friendship is totally based on God's love!  I feel that a friendship that is built on His foundation and in His Love can get through anything.  So no matter how many miles are between us, we will forever be friends.  She has been such a blessing to me, I can't imagine life without her here, but I am so happy that God has answered their prayers.  Her husband recently lost his job, his position was eliminated, so he has been unemployed for about a week!  Talk about a quick answer to prayer, a week later he has a wonderful offer for a new job.  All this to say that, even though I am saddened in the flesh, I am rejoicing in God's goodness and love.  Indeed He gives and takes away, He supplies our every need, and He strengthens us with His great love!

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  Phillipians 4:19

1 comment:

Jennifer Shand said...

Okay, so the tears are flowing! I love you dearly and want you to know that when you told me you were at peace this morning I knew right then that we are supposed to go. Having your support in this decision means the world to me. But it doesn't make it any easier. Thank you for being my kindred spirit - I know we will be forever friends!