Saturday, January 30, 2010

Will you love??

Ahhh....the peace of freshly fallen snow.  Isn't it beautiful?  It started snowing here late yesterday afternoon as I drove the 2 oldest arrows to their sleepover at a friends house.  Earlier yesterday we made sure to pack extra clothing just in case the snow actually arrived and they needed to stay an extra evening.  Well, I'm sure the children must have been ceaselessly praying because we awoke this morning to 6" of snow here in our town.  The town where they are got at least 4".  They are having a blast at their friends and I am missing them terribly.

The youngest 3 arrows woke early and wanted to play in the snow.  "Let's make a snowman!"  The snow is too fluffy for that, it doesn't pack well at all, it kinda crumbles.  So that didn't work.  Our youngest arrow lasted only a few minutes before screaming his head off!!  He had had enough and wasn't taking it anymore.  In his defense, it was still sleet/snowing, the wind was blowing and it was cold out there!  We sent him inside while the youngest girl arrow decided to sled down the driveway with Daddy pulling her.  Well needless to say, 2 times and she was done and ready to go inside.
After getting the younger ones settled inside, I continued to take some pictures of the beauty surrounding us.  I am always so amazed at the snow, I mean think about it.  Every single snowflake is different!!!!  No two are alike.  I can't even begin to imagine how that is possible, can you?  There is 6 inches of snow in my yard, all over my neighborhood, all over the town I live in, surrounding towns, up to surrounding states!!!!  And NO TWO SNOWFLAKES ARE ALIKE!!!!!!!  What an awesome Creator we have, how immeasurable His love for us.  He shows us His divine power through His creation and we see it everyday, but do we stop to think about it?  Really?  I often see, feel and experience these "God Moments" or "God Thing" and I am still constantly in awe of Him and all He does.  Are you?

Another thing I am in awe over is the way that God has provided for me throughout my life, whether I professed to be His child or not.  He has always cared for me, loved me and molded me to be the woman He wants me to be.  I am forever grateful and indebted to Him.
Today marks a very special day for me and my husband.  It was 17 years ago today that we were united and made into ONE.  I married my best friend, my soul mate, my help meet, my lover and friend.  At the ripe age of only 19 I thought I knew everything and I thought there was no way I could love anyone more than I loved my new husband on that day.  God has grown me in so many ways.  Not only do I love my husband more today than that day, but my heart has been blessed to love 5 Blessed and Earthly children and 1 Heavenly Child I have waiting.  I can't explain the love that one has for a spouse, but I can
tell you that it is far beyond anything you could ever dream or wish for.  These little beings have been given to me to care for, mold, instruct in the way of the Lord, guide to know Him, and protect as best as I can.  How can your heart hold so much love for one person, let alone 6 more????  Only God can fill your heart and make it stretch.  I don't feel by any means that my heart is stretched to its max.....I have sooo much more to give, My Savior, my husband, my children, my family and my friends.  Oh how grateful I feel today to have been blessed beyond all measure.
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and may have strength to height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all grounded in love, comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and the fullness of God.  Ephesians 3:14-19
 So I leave you all with this question.  How are you loving?  Are you loving to your fullest extent or are you with holding from your Creator?  Will you not give to Him freely the love He has promised you, that He gave you in the first place?  I will choose to LOVE today and always.

Happy Anniversary My Love.  Thank you for 17 wonderful years together and May the God Peace grant us many more years together!  I LOVE YOU!

No comments: