Friday, September 4, 2009

Refreshed.....

Well, we finally started back to school!! Yes!!! Maybe now I can get back to my regular blogging schedule. I have missed the steadiness of our "school schedule" and the order which it brings. This year will be a busy year for us, but a Great year no doubt. We have new classes outside the home this year and extra classes to be taken here and there along the way. I have also already scheduled all of our holidays into the year and I have a firm grip on things now rather than fumbling later.

We started Aug. 24th and had a wonderful first week of school....then that dreaded stomach flu hit the house and all of us got it at the same time! By Tuesday we got a slow start, but we did have fun with History to get everyone in a good mood. Wednesday was a better day for us all and a full day of school again. Now yesterday brought NEW joy to a couple of the girls. My 2 middle arrows had their first science class with nJoyscience and they LOVED IT! They both came home talking of catapults, simple machines, levers, inclined planes and the list goes on. The made a catapult and my middle arrow played with hers for hours yesterday, hurling anything and everything across the room.

It is so refreshing to see ones spirit revived, their love for something return. Don't you think? I see the sparkle return to their eyes, the questions start swirling. How does this work and why does it do that? Or when they have struggled with a new concept and then all of a sudden it clicks and they figure it out. I LOVE to be here and see that and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to teach them myself, so I don't miss those moments.

When I think about the beginning of the school year and that refreshing of their spirits, I think of the Holy Spirit within me. He refreshes me everyday, not just school days. He sustains me through my comings and goings, He intercedes for me....what a comfort He is at all times.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17 (ESV)

Do you have that freedom? Are you calling upon His Spirit to lead you and refresh you? I encourage you to spend time in prayer today and call upon the Holy Spirit, ask for that freedom and it will be given to you. Have a Blessed Day!!!!!

No comments: