Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Listen

Today was a day of concentration for the kids. They really had to work hard on their school work, as they do everyday, but today was a bit louder in the house. We had laundry beeping every 40 minutes or so, phone calls for mom, groceries to bring in and put away, along with 2 toddlers that were less than cooperative today.

Even in all the noise, they got their work done and did it well! It makes me think of all the noise that I hear during the day, and why I don't hear the Lord when He speaks to me. I don't hear Him because I am not listening for Him. How that makes my heart ache. I want to hear the Lord, I want to be obedient to His word, but time and time again I let myself get too busy in the day to day busyness that I don't listen. It is not that He doesn't hear my cry for help, but I don't wait and listen for His response. His word tells me the He hears me when I cry out....

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. Psalm 34:17


His word also tells me that He hears....

I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. Psalm 120:1


So, why, if He will do these things, do we not wait and listen for Him? We don't need more time in our day, we need to prioritize our time better.....give unto Him that has so freely given to us! The Lord delights in our time with Him and He will bless us all the more if we obey His commands. Have you listened for God today?

No comments: