Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Overdue Birthday Wishes....

Happy belated birthday my chunky monkey. It is so hard to believe that you are 8 years old already! Where did the time go? I remember when I was pregnant with you and I couldn't wait to hold you, you were such an active baby in my belly. You were in such a hurry to arrive that you got bruises on the front of your face when you were born. I felt so bad about your bruising, but you were ready and you weren't waiting for anyone, including a doctor. The nurse had to deliver you, you starting growing from day one and you were the chunkiest little thing as a baby, that is why I called you my "Chunky Monkey." You are just my Monkey now (since you so tiny)....hee hee, but you are still in a big hurry. You want to grow up so fast, you can't wait for the next new and exciting adventure. I do wish you would slow down so that I could enjoy each stage. I love to watch you play, learn, read, and love on others. You have a very sweet spirit. God has given you a strong faith at a young age. You are often the one to remind me that God's way is better than my way (or any way). You are the first to suggest that we pray over something, and you pray without any hesitation, you know that He will hear you. I am so amazed at the times that God answers your prayers.....He is quick to answer you most times, and pleased, I think, that you are leading your family to walk in Him. If only I had your faith, the faith of a child. You trust Him so easily, you seek Him often, you talk to Him and you bring great glory to His name. Bless you my child for your faith and for all you do for me. I am so honored that He chose me to be your mommy. I make many mistakes, but you forgive me and you still love me through it all. I love you my monkey. You will always be Mommy's Chunky Monkey, always my little girl, forever a child of the King.

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

KC, you write the sweetest things for your girls. I know they will cherish these words as they grow older. I love you, MOM :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Magagin (hehe).

Love You!

The Shands said...

Happy birthday Magdalene - your birthday party was the best one ever1