Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Little Catching Up....

WOW.....I can't begin to tell you how busy we have been the past few weeks.  And I can't begin to tell you how Good GOD is and how He worked out every detail of those weeks.  I was under a bit of stress, but I couldn't blog about it, since my adoring husband reads my blog.  You see, I was planning a surprise 40th Birthday for him.  Tomorrow is is real birthday, but we had a surprise party for him on 7-10!  It was wonderful, he was truly surprised and I even surprised him with a visit from our dear friends that just moved to Indiana.  Over the next few days I will be posting collages of some of the things we have been up to the past few weeks to catch you up!

I don't have pictures of this, but I do have a bit of news as far as our church goes.  We have been looking for a new pastor since our pastor of 14 years left to go into the mission field December of 09.  He and his family have since moved to Ecuador and we stay in touch via Skype!  After 6 long months, our Pulpit Search Committee has found someone!  I have had the privelege of meeting him and his family and they are wonderful!  We are looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for our church.  Needless to say, this is one of the things I've been busy with these past few weeks.  We had lots of meetings taking place, we had the family over for dinner a couple times, and enjoyed lunch with them after worship one Sunday.  They are a true delight and I look forward to getting to know them much better.

My husbands youngest sister and her family came to town a few weeks ago.  We always enjoy being with them, but this time I felt so preoccupied.  SORRY YOU GUYS!  We had our new Pastor and his family in town, BackYard Bible Clubs going on every morning and regular church events keeping us so busy.  The time we did have together was alot of fun.  I truly enjoy spending our summers with my niece and nephew!  They were alot of help with BYBC and to me!  We did enjoy some pool days, dinners at our home and game nights!  I think that "Mad Gab" was our game of choice that week.  Love that game!  The adults played against the kids and we stomped them!!!  : )  But it was all in fun.

Well, I hope this gets you caught up just a little bit.  Until next time!

1 comment:

Carl said...

Thank you for all your hard work! The party was fun and it was absolutely a surprise.

I love you!