Friday, July 24, 2009

Show Us Your Wedding Dress....


It's wedding dresses this week at Kelly's Korner. I hope you all enjoyed last week's birthday post, so here we go again.....wedding dress style! I have been married for 16 years now, so we have no digital pictures, only what we have scanned or in an album. These are a few of my favorites! My dress was very stylish at the time and YES...I was very young, only 19!!! It was the happiest day of my life, I married my soul mate, the one that God had chosen just for me and the one I will spend my eternal life with.
This is after the wedding, after the pictures, we were able to breathe a sigh of relief!! We were both very nervous, but God calmed our hearts as soon the ceremony was over and we have enjoyed everyday since this most precious day.

Ahhhhhhhh, sealing the commitment with a Blessed Kiss! Wow, he still makes me weak in the knees!!

Now to take the garter for some fun!! :) Here is where you get the best look at my dress. HUGE puffy sleeves, long sleeves (since it was January) and the veil was as long as my dress! I don't know what I was thinking....it kept getting caught in everything, just like my very long and wide dress! Hee Hee

It was a wonderful day, but I can still remember the hectic running of trying to get everything done in time. I remember shopping with my mom for my dress and finding the perfect dress (aka, the one I wore) for $393.62!!!! That was a steal! I don't even want to imagine if I had to find a wedding dress these days! I would probably have to take out a small loan. LOL


I still have my wedding dress and I am not sure that I will give it to any of my girls...since I watched the movie, "27 Dresses" which is hilarious, but I have 4 girls!! Can they possibly leave it in tact enough for the others to use it too? I think it is just a permanent keepsake for me now. Anyway, since I am sharing these photos, I should tell you a bit about the groom. He is a handsome, faithful, well grounded husband and I love him more today than the day we married. There are so many things I would love to say about him, but that is for another post! Ha Ha, you will have to just tune in later!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed a peek into my past. Leave me a note so I can see where everyone is from! And THANK you to KELLY for opening the doors and windows of the blogosphere to me and my friends!

Enjoy the pictures!!

No comments: