Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Calgon? Take me away.....

It's been one of those days today. I have 2 sick kiddies, 1 with a 104 temp. and the other with a headache and tummy ache. My oldest arrow got braces on Monday and she's been hurting all week. WOW! Where's the Calgon? Someone pass me some, I need a long hot bath, ALONE. :)

Now, don't misunderstand me. I LOVE moments like this when my kids are sick and they want me to hold them all day, but it is also physically tiring. I just feel drained today. So I had a few moments and went on Facebook. While checking out a few friends and their new status updates, I ran across one that got my attention. A friend wrote this....

God's promise from Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Believe this and be encouraged today! May the Lord bless you with His Presence and Power today!

Now, there's my Calgon! I don't need any hot bath, I don't need any rescuing from my children, I don't need to escape from it all.....I only need to look upon Christ. He is my Rock, my Savior, and in Him I will find rest....in Him I will find the strength to go another day. So, today I will fear not, I will look to Christ to strengthen me and uphold me.....whom will you look to? Calgon or Christ?

1 comment:

Carl said...

Thank you soooooo much for caring for the children. They have a great Mommy and I have an awesome wife.

Love ya!