Saturday, January 31, 2009

A 2nd Honeymoon!!!!!!

Let me just say that I was totally swept away yesterday by my dear husband. He planned childcare for all 5 children, reservations for dinner and an overnight stay in an undisclosed area. He came home early from work, our dear friends came over and he swept me off for a romantic evening. It was the most romantic thing in the world!! He took me to Winston Salem, NC and we stayed at The Brookstown Inn....this is where 16 years ago we spent our very first night as a married couple!! It was so nice, nicer than I remember and so relaxing. We checked into our room, freshened up a bit and then he whisked me off to dinner at Meridian. It was right across the parking lot from the Inn, so we walked and quickly I might add because it was cold! We sat down to a wonderful meal....we both agreed it was the best meal we had ever eaten. Hubby got the Grouper and I got the NY Strip....both were equally delicious and melted in your mouth. Hubby also got this brown sugar pound cake with blueberry topping and ice cream. It was GREAT, very sweet, the blueberries were so fresh and the ice cream was sooo cold it hurt your teeth, but was creamy. I give it a 15 out of 10 stars! After dinner it was back to the hotel, with no kids, no computer, just the 2 of us and CABLE TV!! OK....I know that sounds very lame, but we don't have cable TV, we have bunny ears, so it was a real treat to watch some of the shows we used to adore. We watched Ace of Cakes, and flipped through I don't know how many channels...great fun. The next morning we got up, checked out and headed to Old Salem. We walked around looking in different shops, we ate at the Tavern Restaurant, then walked some more. We found the bakery and brought home some goodies to eat. Then after shopping and walking we returned home, refreshed, happy and more in love than the day we married.

I can not tell you how wonderful our weekend was, there are no words. It was so romantic, so spontaneous, full of adoration for one another, selfless, and completely unexpected. It is moments like these that I get teary eyed thinking of all my many blessings. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world, made just for me. No matter what, he adores me....no one else....ME!! I am so thankful for him, my love, my help meet. Thank you dearest husband for the most wonderful weekend. I will cherish the memories always! I will cherish you even more!

To our dear friends that watched our kids.....WOW! You knew all along, but never let word slip of his plans. Thank you so much! I am in awe of your selflessness! I will feel forever in your debt and I will do anything for you! I only pray that someday we can return the favor. It isn't everyday that you celebrate the joining of 2 lives becoming one and I pray that we can rekindle that love for you, as you have done for us. We are so grateful and thankful for you and your family. Thank you!

1 comment:

Jennifer Shand said...

I am glad that the two of you had a great time. the two of you are a blessing to have as friends, teachers and examples. thanks and glad you had a good time.