Monday, February 15, 2010

Change

Another Monday, ahhhhh, the wonder of a new week and the contemplating all that goes with it.  Will it be a good week?  Will it linger on forever?  Will I accomplish all I have set for the week?  Will we get our schoolwork done?  Will I get time for coffee with friends?  So many questions, yet no answers.

Mondays are such a tough day for me.  Its the second day of the week, but it feels like the beginning.  Mondays my husband goes back to his work week, we are back to our school grind, and I am back to dragging my kids here and there for this and that.  Ahhhhh....the busyness of the week begins on Monday, that must be why it feels like the beginning.  Right?  I mean, Sunday is the start of the week, but it is so relaxing and worshipful it doesn't feel like work.

Mondays seems to be when the chaos begins, at least for me.  However, I have found a peace about my weeks over the last 3 weeks!  What has changed you ask, I am attending a women's Bible study at my church.  Let me tell you, all that talk about spending time wtih God will improve your life, improve your outlook, improve your marraige, is RIGHT!  I've heard of this thing called "God time" or "quiet time with the Lord" but it never seemed to happen in my hectic day(s), week(s), month(s) or year(s).  Until this year, when I finally chose to listen to the calling God has for me.  I chose to listen to Him telling me to change.  Hey You, its time to change your body!  Hey You, its time to get healthy!  Hey You, I want to spend more time with you!  Hey You, why don't you Pray about that question?  Hey You, I'm here anytime you need me....will you look for me?  Finally I decided to listen, I decided to ask, I decided to pray, I decided to let Him change me.  What a wonderful God we serve that He desires us to be like Him!  He created us in His image, so of course He wants us to live like Him!

Will you let Him change YOU?????!!!!
Create in me a clean heart, O God,and renew a right spirit within me.  Psalm 51:10

No comments: